Friday 28 July 2017

First naukri


When I landed my first job, going to the office was more glamour than work. I had just graduated, and was waiting to figure out what I wanted to do with my life. I was half hoping I would get an important looking envelope saying I had been accepted at some top college abroad to pursue psychology. Instead, I sent my resume to a friend and got an offer from a major BPO company to join their recruitment team. While my peers were lining up at universities for admissions, I was chilling away in an air conditioned office which sprawled over acres of greenery and offered 'American' sounding snacks. This was enough to get me carried away and daydream about . Gradually, as I lost altitude, I realised what a job actually is.

[Solemn music]

So there I was, hitting ground reality and working my way up from the filing room to the interviewing rooms, poring over a hundred employee files, printing and punching photocopies of their documents. All this while wondering what a nutcase I was to pick up this job. 


Nonetheless, there were some highs that compensated for the other bad days. The ching-a-ling sound as my salary got credited at the end of a month, for one.

Gradually I picked up recruiting and moved up the ladder.

I never really understood the significance of our recruiting pressures until much recently. After 10 years’ since my first job.

Now, that I have experienced the working life a little more than as a fresh graduate, I feel the need to put my grasp of the recruiting function into perspective. A bit by bit about everything that I feel and know about recruitment.

In the the next few blogs that would follow, I will attempt to write about recruitment, taking inspiration from different aspects of hiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment